Thursday, December 27, 2007

The Year That Was 2007

Christmas has just passed (raya haji passed 3 days earlier) and in 3 days time i'm all in for a new year! So in between xmas and new year's day, some of us might take this time to reflect the year that is about to go down as another year that doesn't just makes up our age, but the nostalgia - bitter and sweet - that comes together with it.

With the help from my previous posts, i managed to recapture the moments that define the year 2007 for me. (though not all due to the time constrains and having to multiple tasks a few programs over here)
1 - I started the year with a feeling so low that i even considered different ways of suicide sometimes (drinking poison, jumping off from a building, poison myself AND jumping off from a building. im not creative man). i was a bit uncertain about quiting matrix and got my arse in to UiTM. its an unnecessary "facelift". but somehow the fresh feeling when i got there (albeit it took me about a month to adjust to the surroundings) got me thinking that i might well have made the right choice. whatmore, if i did continue in matrix, the chance for me to study abroad is absolute zero. and the fact that there is a 50-50 chance that if i am to score a killer cgpa i might well stand a chance to go the US got me even thrilled. in some odd ways, i am still in contact with my matrix friends and not all are rosy over there. some have gone to maktab perguruan to become teachers and others went to universities and got themselves weird and predictably low prospect courses. thats not to say that there isn't anyone getting that killer courses, instead there are lots of them as well. but judging for myself on how far i could go, the killer courses is a far far stretch from reality. good thing i moved out. and economics seems to fit well into my system! oh, and as of now, i managed a cgpa of 3.94!
2 - 2007 saw me doing weird stuffs. people do weird things for survival you know and in my case, the year 2007 saw me donating blood, riding the train home and back to campus and played in a band (brass band, not rock band). these are simply too weird, i can't even imagine doing those stuff before i got there. but i glad i did. : )
bukti derma darah!

3 - I had my first real girlfriend.
parts and parcels of growing up i guess. the date, texting till dusk, bday gifts, etc are fun. the ditching part too. xD

4 - Discovered great music.
I used to only listen to alternative rock, prog rock and any other mainstream type of rock music. not anymore, since i got serious with sputnikmusic, i discovered a whole new spectrum of wonderful music. suddenly bands and artists like beirut, belle and sebastian, white shoes and the couples company, and even techno music and ambients and trip hop (moby, zero 7, esthero, mandalay, mogwai, etc.). i guess im a bit mature in my taste. heh! and yeah, im now totally into indonesain indie ; ) . and im no more using p2ps.

white shoes and the couples company

5 - Got a job.
Not the sales promoter thing (the store) that i got myself tortured with 2 years ago, but instead a more respective job but unfortunately with little pay to compare with the promoter job. i was (and still am) a proof reader for the degree student's public speaking drafts thing. eventhough i find myself unqualified fully for this job but the idea of charging rm15 per script and finally people look forward to me really got me going. heh.

6 - Talked to a hobo.

7 - Watched wayang kulit live!

8 - I checked in into a hotel and stayed there for one night, ALONE. complete with room service!

Simply because i was dead bored waiting for the next finals paper and the gap was too long. watched a movie at night for the first time.


9 - Steve Irwin died from a stingray shot.

10 - Bennazer Bhutto died after being shot AND bombed by a suicide bomber. (its breaking news man, fresh from tv!)

11 - AC Milan are the european and world club champions.


But their performance in domestic competitions is horrible.

12 - England failed to qualify for EURO 08.
Football powerhouse konon. that is like a joke that sits pretty well along with some ali G's interviews and the simpsons movie. and that leads to...

13 - Watched the Blackadder, Ali G, and Weeds.
Those things up there are highly recommended. especially blackadder 3 and blackadder goes fourth. oh, and musn't forget blackadder's back and forth!


blackadder goes fourth.

14 - My father is now officially a pensioner (01 July 07).

15 - I think i've become less sarcastic this year. and my english is getting worse!

Well i guess that's all that made my 2007. hopefully next year will be better.

Season's greetings!