Saturday, March 13, 2010

Happy Belated Birthday (again) to My Blog

Four years ago, on 26th February, I posted my very first proper blog post using blogspot. A solid 2 years after my experiment post on the site.


The blog's name was initially called "el-bloggo". And it changed quite often from "blogogo" to "blegh" and a few variations in between them until I chose to settle down with the name No Surprises 2 (due to other people already taken the name No Surprises).

The layout back then was some basic blogspot template which I used for about 2 years (the basic black template one) and it used to have the game pacman and a few youtube vids of my favourite songs in it on the right hand corner of the blog. And oh! The header (which bore the words "no alarms and no surprises and a cropped picture of my eyes) was half-filled, and it remained for a long time until I moved out from matrics.

While reading the old posts, I realised my transformation from being a ditzy teenager who can't even spell and often looked at the world as if they are out to get me to someone whose more mature (I think) and appreciates the small joys the world has got to offer.

Over the years, I have vent my frustrations, rambled about the injustice of the world like no one else's business, talked about the various chics I have fallen for, my experience with my exfgs, the places I've been and the many (unfair) things those places(and the system) did to me and my state of mind. This is also the place I talked about football, economics, politics, my ambitions, the things I saw, the crazy things I did and the targets I set (like the cliched new year's resolution).

This, and many more over the past 4 years have seen No Surprises 2 played the role of a close ally to me - or even a friend who listens to even the smallest of matters - accompanying me in my journey to adulthood. And I hope it continues until... well, when I have grandkids?

HAPPY 4TH ANNIVERSARY NO SURPRISES2!!!!!