Monday, October 18, 2010

Terkandas Di Pulau Langkawi dan Lesen Kereta Mati.


After checking my old blog posts, I realised I didn't blog anything about my last year's trip to Langkawi. But at least that time I still had the camera phone with me, so I just posted some pictures from that trip into my facebook.

This time though, thanks to the penchuri henfon lakhanat itu, I have no pictures as evidence to claim I was there. Yeap, I was in Langkawi again after almost exactly one year! You guys believe me right? :B

So I went there for what was initially a one day trip. It went wrong later on though cos a friend, Wan a.k.a. Matburn went beach happy at the Cenang Beach. So I wasn't there solo, though I took the ferry to and fro alone (Matburn took the earlier ferry and supposed to return today evening).

Wan was kind enough to offer me a ride to the jetty in Langkawi and we arranged for him to pick me up at 6pm. As I mentioned earlier, the Cenang Beach was sucking him away from the car as he went beach happy and I was left waiting for him for 40 minutes. To his eternal credit, he did came - 40 minutes late - and we were rushing like mad cows to the jetty trying to catch the 7pm ferry (a.k.a. the last ferry) though it was pretty obvious by the time we reached Pekan Kuah that the last ferry had just left. Indeed, we were 15 minutes late and I was left with no other choice other than to spend the night there, and extra RM100. This time, Langkawi has sucked my wallet dry :B

Oh yes, while waiting for Wan to pick me up to the jetty, I was contemplating whether or not to flash this stuff up. I didn't have enough cash for the cab to begin with, so that's why Wan offered me a ride to the jetty in the first place.
I prepared this earlier before the trip cos I know I'll be short on cash later on.
And that cool dye-shirt thing, yeah, it took away a lot from the wallet.

Some things I learnt from the trip to Langkawi.

  1. Get to know the people around your seat while on the ferry, or while waiting for the ferry at the waiting terminal. The chances are, that person might be a local, or have links with the locals and they have people waiting for them at the other jetty. They might offer you a ride anywhere on the island, and will happily decline any money you offer them as a sign of gratitude. Even if they're not locals (ie; tourists), they might tag you along to join them to wherever they're going, cos the more people there are, the cheaper the cab fare per head is!This is the Rasta shop at Pantai Cenang where I got my super cool dye-top.
  2. Getting a full body massage is awesome. Though last Saturday I learnt that my right side is more ticklish than the left while I was doing my session. But in the end I feel light like the angels on their way to the heavens like wahlahweyyy, so I don't really bother bout that. Just don't try and tickle my right side.
  3. Don't trust the shop that says that they're "OPEN (for) 24 HOURS". I got a first hand experience of being a victim. You see, I was hungry and I was looking for a shop that sells snacks and drinks given that the cafes are all closed during then. So I saw a shop that has the "OPEN 24 HOURS" put up outside and bought a pack of cashew nuts and a can of fruit juice around 4.30am at a said convenient store before I head back to my room and sleep. I woke up around 8.30am and I headed out to buy a toothbrush and her partner in crime, the tooth paste only to find that the said shop was closed. And so I walked almost the entire stretch of Pantai Chenang (80% or so) only to give up later on cos I was hungry and felt that the chewing gums in my pocket was enough to get me out of murder at least for that day. I headed back to my room later to watch TV.
  4. Chewing gum is the almost perfect substitute for toothbrush and toothpaste. Almost.
  5. You don't have to bring too many shirts on your holiday. I think 1 shirt for a 1 day trip is good enough. That said, 2 shirts for 2 days. Cos most people I met didn't notice the stinkiness anyway. But remember to bring that thing you wear while bathing at the beach. Cos going to a beach holiday without bringing any of those is weird. You're not going to, in any way, not dip your toes into the the water right? Cos if you do, the other parts of your body will naturally follow suit. Trust me on that one.
  6. Those people who walked on the beach around 2am are mostly friendly people. Usually these bunch are the nice bunch who you can talk to almost anything. You can drink hot tea with them, play guitars and sing in a circle with other nice strangers. You can even flirt like the hell out with them sexy ladies (:P) and talk them to your place. These people are usually foreign and local students from local unis (Lim Kok Weng(sp?), Taylors, UKM, etc.) or "SH" (I'm not gonna explain the term) foreigners, especially those Mat Sallehs at the bar. Again, these nice people are easy to find at the beach around 2-4am...
  7. Around the same time, you can find scantily clad bohsias too, without the Mat Rempits. And come to think of it, Langkawi seems to be a Mat Rempit free island. Langkawi rocks!
  8. There's something about people from Bangladesh or India (not the Malaysian Indian ones) whom I met/saw during my last trip and the trip before the last one to Langkawi. You see, there's a certain uneasy feeling about whenever you are walking at the beach, there's a fat chance you'll see a pair/group of Indian/Bangladeshi guys walking side by side like gay buddies or something. You know, they'll like giggle or smile in a gaylord kinda way, not the natural I'm straight kinda way. It's hard to say it when you're not there, but that's just the way it is! I'm not saying that a guy can't walk with another guy holding hands under the moonlight at the breezy beach without actually staring at the hot chicks around them at 2,3am. Oh wait, I beg to differ on that one...
  9. I'm not the best person in the world to talk about laksa, and I don't even know the difference between laksa Penang and laksa Kedah. Though I might have a vague idea of how laksa Sarawak looks like. But one thing I know is that there's a restaurant in Kuala Perlis that serves one hell of a laksa, and I'm saying this in a positive light, and it's called Laksa Kak Su. Apparently their laksa is so good, they even have a facebook fan page here! It's hard to describe the laksa using words, but the kuah is rich in texture and taste. And add that with a tinge of lemon juice and cili padi. It's the closest to laksa heaven you'll ever get in Perlis. Simply put, it's the laksa of champions.
  10. Bangladeshis or where ever the people at the car wash are from are very nice and polite people. I was at a car wash in Kangar yesterday while on my way back to Arau from Kuala Perlis and instead of feeling uncomfortable having a pep talk with them while having my car cleaned, I felt kinda... well, okay! Though I sensed a pattern after having the first two of them started off by asking whether I have an amoy or not in two separate conversations. Like seriously, both of them used the word amoy!!! And yeah, I'm single bebeh! xD
  11. I just realised I've been driving illegally on the road for the past 8 days. :B

This is Pantai Cenang.

Now that I'm back in Arau, gotta get myself ready for the finals. Aih~