Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Girl From Kemunting



NOTE : It is best if you play this song while reading this post to invoke the romantic nature of this post. Whatever that means...


I had a great chat with a wonderful girl while on the way back home from Arau two nights ago.

It all started when I boarded the KTM train, with a no-seat-guaranteed written on its ticket. Which got me kinda confused at how things go at KTM. They can sell tickets to those returning to anywhere but Kedah/Penang a few weeks earlier and those returning to the said destinations can only buy the ticket on boarding day!? WTF??? Which guarantees a no-seat trip, and leg cramps - to Alor Setar at least.

But I was lucky to meet Jeha - an ACELS member during my time as president (kena mention ke??? xD) - who generously gave away her seat to me so that she can seat with her bf (eh?); after noticing I was standing like a tortured soul whose having leg cramps for about 1 hour, and staring at her like a possessed cayote desperate to get his arse sitting.

I would like to say thank you.

And so, I was seating at her place. Right next to a decent looking chick (score!), but she was sleeping, but she looks sooo cute while sleeping T.T... and so, I laid my boney arse into the surprisingly comfy chair, and somehow I woke her up from her sleep... like... alamak!

But somehow, after a few odd minutes, we chat... out of boredom of not being able to sleep and in her case - returning to sleep. And from then on I realised how pure and sincere this girl is, unlike most girls I see back in campus who are mostly posers who fancy the US version of mamak stall - starbucks - or any other Israel financiers and machine-made designer labels and act sif they're super hot. She is different and in fact, from how I see it, has a very strong personality, and she's fun to be with!

So she's a part 2 agro student from Kemunting. Her name is Mira and she's third in the family, and she lives with her young and sporting stepmom together with 7 other siblings. Her dad died last year, years after her mom's, but somehow I see that she got over it very well, as if she has got used to it. She's smart, she knows what she is talking about and she almost scored a dean's list last sem! Apart from the fact that she's kinda hot and single, I clearly think I've met my match. It was the best chat I've had in a while and the usually long hours in the train felt very short.

And I forgot to ask for her number :B



But I shall try! This could be one of those how-I-met -your-mother/romantic valentine's day story!
... and whenever I hear this song, I remember her.

Happy Chinese New Year!